If you see the 'Video removed' message next to one of your uploaded videos, it means that the video has been found to violate our policies and has been taken off YouTube. Click a section below to learn what you can do to resolve the issue.
Reasons for removal & what you can do
If you see the 'Video removed: Inappropriate content' message next to one of your uploaded videos, it means that the video in question has been found to violate our Community Guidelines.
How to resolve the issue
- See more information about your video violation in your account's Channel settings > Community Guidelines status.
- Use the Community Guidelines strike basics to understand what content you can upload to YouTube – and avoid having additional content removed.
- If you believe that your video was removed in error, you can appeal a Community Guidelines strike.
If you see the below messages next to one of your videos, that means that a content owner claimed content in your video using YouTube's Content ID system:
- Includes copyrighted content
- Muted due to copyrighted content
- Blocked worldwide
- Blocked in some countries
Select the text that appears next to your video. This will take you to a page that provides more details about the copyright claim affecting your video. Under "Copyright Details", you can see information about the material that was identified in your video.
Learn what Content ID claims are and how they affect your video.
Your video was removed from YouTube because a copyright owner sent us a complete legal request to take it down. You also received a copyright strike. Learn how copyright strikes can affect your account.
There are three ways to resolve your copyright strike. Deleting a video with a strike won't resolve your strike.
If you see the "Video removed: trademark issue" message next to one of your uploaded videos, it means that the video in question has been found to violate our trademark policy.
Review our trademark policies to make sure that you understand what content is acceptable to upload to YouTube and to avoid having additional content removed from the site.