Add a branding watermark to videos
You can encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel by adding a branding watermark to your videos. This is often called a custom subscribe button. When you add a watermark, viewers can directly subscribe to your channel if they hover over the watermark when using YouTube on a computer.
Add your branding watermark
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- From the left-hand menu, select Settings.
- Select Channel Branding
- Select Choose image and choose which image you'd like to use as your branding watermark.
- Select the display time for the branding watermark:
- End of video: The branding watermark will appear for the last 15 seconds of the video.
- Custom start time: The branding watermark will begin to be shown at a time that you choose.
- Entire video: The branding watermark will appear throughout the entire video.
- Save changes.
Creator Studio Classic instructions
Images must be square, with a minimum of 150 x 150 pixels, and less than 1 MB in size. We recommend that you use a transparent background rather than a solid one and include just one colour in the image. This will mean that the image is less distracting, especially on small screens.
The channel watermark is currently available in landscape view on computers and mobile devices (not clickable on mobile). Channel watermarks do not appear on custom YouTube chromeless players or Adobe Flash.
Branding watermark metrics
You can get metrics in the Annotations report in YouTube Analytics.