Set YouTube Analytics default settings
You can set your default settings for YouTube Analytics reports. These settings are applied on the user level and can be overwritten when looking at individual reports.
Change settings in YouTube Studio
You can set your default currency for reporting in YouTube Studio. Other default settings are coming soon!
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select the settings icon .
- On the “General” tab, look for “Default units”.
- Select your currency from the drop down list.
Change settings in Creator Studio Classic
You can go directly to youtube.com/analytics or follow the steps below to choose other settings.
- Sign in to your YouTube account and click your profile picture > Creator Studio.
- On the left, select Analytics.
- In the top right, click the settings icon .
- Choose your default setting for the following fields. Click below to learn more about each setting.
You can choose the currency that your earnings are reported in. This currency is only used in YouTube Analytics, like your Estimated Earnings report and Ad Performance report, and does not affect the currency you're paid in.
Note: Daily earnings are converted using the prevailing market exchange rate for the day. Even if the reporting currency you have set in YouTube Analytics is the same as your payment currency, the exchange rates used in YouTube Analytics might differ from the exchange rate applied to your final earnings in AdSense.
Currencies other than USD are only available from October 2009.
Time period for reports
You can choose the default time period you'd like to see in your YouTube Analytics reports. Pick from the same time intervals that are available to you in your individual reports.
If you don't choose a default, you’ll see data for the last 28 days in your reports.
Time period for charts and tables
You can choose from the following time periods for charts and tables:
- Daily (rolling 7 day totals)
- Daily (rolling 7 day averages)
- Daily (rolling 28 days totals)
- Daily (rolling 28 day averages)
- Daily (rolling 30 day totals)
If you don't choose a default, you’ll see daily data in your charts and tables.
If you're a content owner, you can choose how you want to see YouTube Analytics reports for your content.
- All claimed content: All videos that a partner has applied a usage or match policy to.
- Claimed partner and premium user-uploaded content: Claimed videos uploaded into a partner’s linked channels, as well as claims with very high match quality on user uploads. This mostly applies to Music Partners.
- Claimed standard user-uploaded content: Videos uploaded by a third party that a partner's match policy applies to.
- All partner-uploaded content: Claimed and unclaimed videos uploaded by the content owner’s channels. Some metrics like subscribers and "channel dimension" are only available when looking at this content type.
- Playlists (if applicable): All playlists created by the content owner’s channels.
If you don't choose a default, you'll see data for "All claimed content" in your reports.
You can choose between "minutes" and "hours" as your default time unit for watch time. Hours are rounded up or down to show full hours.
You can also add "Watch time (hours)" as a metric through the Compare metric drop-down menu to see both minutes and hours in the table at the same time.