You can set your default settings for YouTube Analytics reports. These settings are applied on the user level and can be overwritten when looking at individual reports.
Change settings in YouTube Studio
You can set your default currency for reporting in YouTube Studio. Other default settings are coming soon!
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left Menu, select Settings .
- On the “General” tab, look for “Default units”.
- Select your currency from the drop down list.
You can choose the currency that your earnings are reported in. This currency is only used in YouTube Analytics, like your Estimated Earnings report. It does not affect the currency you're paid in.
Note: Daily earnings are converted using the prevailing market exchange rate for the day. The exchange rates used in YouTube Analytics might differ from the exchange rate applied to your final earnings in AdSense.
Currencies other than USD are only available from October 2009.
Time period for reports
You can choose the default time period you'd like to see in your YouTube Analytics reports. Pick from the same time intervals that are available to you in your individual reports.
If you don't choose a default, you’ll see data for the last 28 days in your reports.
Time period for charts and tables
You can choose from the following time periods for charts and tables:
- Daily (rolling 7 day totals)
- Daily (rolling 7 day averages)
- Daily (rolling 28 days totals)
- Daily (rolling 28 day averages)
- Daily (rolling 30 day totals)
If you don't choose a default, you’ll see daily data in your charts and tables.
If you're a content owner, you can choose how you want to see YouTube Analytics reports for your content.
- All claimed content: All videos that a partner has applied a usage or match policy to.
- Claimed partner and premium user-uploaded content: Claimed videos uploaded into a partner’s linked channels, and claims with high match quality on user uploads. These claims mostly apply to Music Partners.
- Claimed standard user-uploaded content: Videos uploaded by a third party that a partner's match policy applies to.
- All partner-uploaded content: Claimed and unclaimed videos uploaded by the content owner’s channels. Some metrics like subscribers and "channel dimension" are only available when looking at this content type.
- Playlists (if applicable): All playlists created by the content owner’s channels.
If you don't choose a default, you'll see data for "All claimed content" in your reports.
You can choose between "minutes" and "hours" as your default time unit for watch time. Hours are rounded up or down to show full hours.
You can add "Watch time (hours)" as a metric through the Compare metric drop-down menu to see both minutes and hours at the same time.