Make changes to uploaded videos
You can make changes to your video's metadata on the 'Details' page of YouTube Studio beta. Change everything from your video's title to caption and comment settings. If you want to make tweaks and add effects to uploaded videos, use Enhancements. Learn how to make changes to multiple videos at once.
Edit video details
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- From the left panel, select the Videos tab or search for your video with the search bar.
- Click on a video's title or thumbnail.
- Set the video's settings and select Save.
Make quick changes
You can hover over a video on the 'Videos' page to change some settings directly.
- Use the edit icons to update visibility and monetisation settings.
- Edit the title or description of a video by selecting menu Edit title and description.
Available video settings
Basic settings tab
Advanced settings tab
- Licence and rights ownership
- Caption certification
- Recording date
- Video location
- Comment settings
Thumbnail settings tab
Edit video info in Creator Studio Classic
Creator Studio Classic
- Go to your channel's Video Manager. You'll see a list of your uploaded videos.
- Find the video that you want to edit, then click Edit under the video title.
- On the Info and Settings page, you'll see three tabs, depending on your account type:
- Basic info: Change video title, description, tags, category, privacy. Note: You can use most characters to fill in the information in video fields (like title or description), except angle brackets.
- Monetisation: See the options for monetising your video. Learn more about monetising your content.
- Advanced settings: Change comments permissions, subscriber notification preferences, licence, caption, recording date and 3D video options. You can also select a video category, such as Gaming, Comedy or Sports, among many others.