Make changes to uploaded videos
You can make changes to your video's metadata in YouTube Studio beta, in the YouTube mobile app or in the YouTube Studio app. Change everything from your video's title to caption and comment settings. Learn how to make changes to multiple videos at once.
Edit video details
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta.
- From the left panel, select the Videos tab or search for your video with the search bar.
- Click on a video's title or thumbnail.
- Set the video's settings and select Save.
Available video settings
Basic settings tab
- Licence and rights ownership
- Caption certification
- Recording date
- Video location
- Comment settings
Edit video info in Creator Studio Classic
Creator Studio Classic
- Go to your channel's Video Manager. You'll see a list of your uploaded videos.
- Find the video that you want to edit, then click Edit under the video title.
- On the 'Info and Settings' page, you'll see four tabs, depending on your account type:
- Basic info: Change video title, description, tags and privacy settings. You can also choose to add your video to a specific playlist.
- Translations: Select the original language of the video and add translations of your video title and description into other languages.
- Monetisation: See the options for monetising your video. Learn more about monetising your content.
- Advanced settings: Set comment permissions, licence and rights ownership, syndication, closed certification, distribution options, age restrictions, category, language, community contributions, recording date, video statistics privacy and paid-promotion indications.