You can move your channel (including its videos, likes, etc.) over from one account to another.
Before you start:
A YouTube channel is automatically connected to an account. There are two different types of accounts:
|Google Account||You need a Google Account to sign in to YouTube. Your channel name is automatically the same as the one on your Google Account.|
|Brand account||A brand account is an account that is specifically for your brand. This account is different from your personal Google Account. If a channel is linked to a brand account, multiple people can manage it from their Google Accounts. Learn more about how to create a brand account.|
Move your channel to another account by following these steps:
- In the top right-hand corner of youtube.com, click your profile picture.
- Click Switch account.
- Sign in to the account associated with the channel that you want to move.
It's important that you are signed in to the account associated with the channel that you want to move. For example, if you want to move the channel associated with your Google Account to a brand account, make sure that you are signed in to your Google Account for this step.
Similarly, if you want to move the channel associated with your brand account to your Google Account, make sure that you are signed in to your brand Account.
This will ensure that your channel is not unintentionally deleted during the move
- Go to your advanced account settings.
- Under Account information, click either Move channel to brand account or Move channel to your Google Account or a different brand account.
- Enter your password.
- Choose the account that you want to move to from the list given.
- If the account that you choose is already associated with a YouTube channel, click Delete channel in the box that pops up. Note: This will delete the channel that is already associated with that account. This means that any content associated with this channel (including videos, comments, messages, playlists and history) will be permanently deleted.
- Check how your channel name will appear after moving, then click Move channel.
- Important: This will delete any existing channel (along with all of its videos) that is already associated with the account that you're moving to.