Create or edit channel art
Channel art shows as a banner at the top of your YouTube page. You can use it to brand your channel's identity and give your page a unique look and feel.
Use the guidelines and examples below to set up your design. Keep in mind that channel art looks different on desktop, mobile, and TV displays.
Add or change channel art
- Open the YouTube app and sign in.
- Tap the account icon .
- Tap your channel icon on the left.
- On the right, tap settings .
- Tap the camera .
- Decide if you want to Take a photo or Choose from your photos. You'll be taken to your device's camera or photo library.
- After you select an image, crop it and tap Save.
Image tips & guidelines
Get images for channel art
Use saved images
- Upload an image or photo: You can use an image saved on your computer or mobile device or in Google Photos.
- Use the YouTube Photo Library: Just select the Gallery tab when asked to upload an image (on a computer only).
Image size & file guidelines
Channel art looks different on desktop, mobile, and TV displays — larger images may be cropped. For the best results on all devices, we recommend uploading one 2560 x 1440 px image.
- Minimum dimension for upload: 2048 x 1152 px.
- Minimum safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 px. Larger images may get cropped on certain views or devices.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 px. This means that the "safe area" is always visible regardless of screen size. The areas to each side of the channel art are visible or cropped depending on browser size.
- File size: 6MB or smaller.
If you're not sure about the width and height of an image, download our Channel Art Templates to see how images show on different devices.
How to resize images
See how channel art displays by device
Channel art shows differently across devices, so you should make sure you have an idea of how it will load when you're designing it. Keep in mind that the site will scale to reveal more or less channel art based on your browser window and device.
Click below to see examples of how channel art looks based on a viewer's device.Computer display
Minimum width on a computer screen:
Maximum width on a computer screen:
The "safe area" is scaled down to the width of the mobile screen, which varies by device.
On TVs, the whole image is displayed as channel art in the background. The aspect ratio is 16:9 (i.e. 2560 x 1440 px).