Create or edit channel art
Channel art shows as a banner at the top of your YouTube page. You can use it to brand your channel's identity and give your page a unique look and feel.
Use the guidelines and examples below to set up your design. Keep in mind that channel art looks different on desktop, mobile, and TV displays.
Add or change channel art
- On a computer, sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right menu, select My Channel.
- New channel art: Near the top of the screen, click Add channel art.
- Existing channel art: Hover your cursor over the existing banner until you see the edit icon . Click the icon and select Edit channel art.
- Upload an image or photo from your computer or saved photos. You can also click the Gallery tab to choose an image from the YouTube photo library.
- You'll see a preview of how the art will appear across different devices. To make changes, select Adjust the crop.
- Click Select.
I'm not able to save my banner. What do I do?
- Go to https://get.google.com/albumarchive/.
- Go to your YouTube Channel Art album.
- Remove some images from that album.
- Repeat the steps to save your banner.
You can add links to your social media sites on your channel banner.
- On a computer, go to your channel and click the About tab. If you're in the new YouTube layout, click Customize channel.
- Hover over the "Links" section, then click edit .
- Click the +Add button.
- Enter the title and URL of the site you want to link to. You can add up to five links.
- Click Done.
Links that you add here are featured just below your description and use the icon from the corresponding social media network when displayed.
Image tips & guidelines
Get images for channel art
Use saved images
- Upload an image or photo: You can use an image saved on your computer or mobile device or in Google Photos.
- Use the YouTube Photo Library: Just select the Gallery tab when asked to upload an image (on a computer only).
Image size & file guidelines
Channel art looks different on desktop, mobile, and TV displays — larger images may be cropped. For the best results on all devices, we recommend uploading one 2560 x 1440 px image.
- Minimum dimension for upload: 2048 x 1152 px.
- Minimum safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 px. Larger images may get cropped on certain views or devices.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 px. This means that the "safe area" is always visible regardless of screen size. The areas to each side of the channel art are visible or cropped depending on browser size.
- File size: 6MB or smaller.
If you're not sure about the width and height of an image, download our Channel Art Templates to see how images show on different devices.
How to resize images
See how channel art displays by device
Channel art shows differently across devices, so you should make sure you have an idea of how it will load when you're designing it. Keep in mind that the site will scale to reveal more or less channel art based on your browser window and device.
Click below to see examples of how channel art looks based on a viewer's device.Computer display
Minimum width on a computer screen:
Maximum width on a computer screen:
The "safe area" is scaled down to the width of the mobile screen, which varies by device.
On TVs, the whole image is displayed as channel art in the background. The aspect ratio is 16:9 (i.e. 2560 x 1440 px).