Nudity and sexual content policies
Explicit content meant to be sexually gratifying (like pornography) is not allowed on YouTube. Videos containing fetish content will be removed or age restricted. In most cases, violent, graphic or humiliating fetishes are not allowed on YouTube.
If you see content that violates this policy, please report it. Instructions for reporting violations of our Community Guidelines are available here. If you have found multiple videos, comments or a user's entire channel that you wish to report, please visit our reporting tool, where you will be able to submit a more detailed complaint.
Sexually explicit content featuring minors and content that sexually exploits minors is not allowed on YouTube. We report content containing child sexual abuse imagery to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, who work with global law enforcement agencies.
What this means for you
If you're posting content
Don't post content on YouTube if it has any of the items below.
- Depiction of genitals, breasts or buttocks (clothed or unclothed) for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Pornography depicting sexual acts, genitals or fetishes for the purpose of sexual gratification
Other types of content that violate this policy
- Masturbation or fondling of genitals, breasts or buttocks
- Using or displaying sex toys to provide viewers with sexual gratification
- Celebrity wardrobe accidents or nude photo leaks
- Violent, graphic or humiliating fetish content where the purpose is sexual gratification
- Nudity or partial nudity for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Explicit or implied depiction of sex acts for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Animated sex acts, pornography or fetish content
- Non-consensual sex acts or unwanted sexualisation
- Bestiality or promotion of bestiality
- Incest or promotion of incest
- Aggregating content for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Any sexual content involving minors
- Please note that this is not a complete list.
We may age restrict content if it includes nudity or other sexual content but doesn't depict anything described above. We consider the following when determining whether to age restrict or remove content.
- When breasts, buttocks or genitals (clothed or unclothed) are the focal point of the video
- Whether the subject is depicted in a pose that is intended to sexually arouse the viewer
- Whether the language used in the video is graphic or lewd
- Whether the subject's actions in the video invite sexual activity, such as by kissing, provocative dancing or fondling
- Whether the clothing would be generally unacceptable in public contexts, such as lingerie
- Whether sexual imagery or audio has been blurred, masked or obscured
- Whether sexual imagery or audio is fleeting or prolonged in the content
Please note that this is not a complete list.
This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams and any other YouTube product or feature. Please remember that these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think that it might violate this policy.
We allow nudity when the primary purpose is educational, documentary, scientific or artistic, and it isn't gratuitous. For example, a documentary on breast cancer would be appropriate, but posting clips out of context to sexually gratify from the same documentary is not. Out-of-context nudity in indigenous communities, during medical procedures, during childbirth, during artistic performances or during breastfeeding may not meet our documentary exception. Remember that providing context in the content, title and description will help us and your viewers determine the primary purpose of the video.
Here are some examples of content that's not allowed on YouTube.
- Clips extracted from non-pornographic films, shows or other content in order to isolate sexual content
- Groping, pantsing, public masturbation, upskirting, voyeurism, predatory exhibitionism or any other content that depicts someone in a sexualised manner without their consent
Please remember that these are just some examples, and don't post content if you think that it might violate this policy.
- Playlists that aggregate content containing nudity or sexual themes for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Provocative dancing that is focused on the dancer's genitals, buttocks or breasts
- Content that sexualises rape in any form, or content that aggregates clips of dramatised rape scenes
- Audio or textual depictions of sexual acts for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Content showing bodily fluids or excretion, such as urine, for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Content using otherwise everyday objects or scenarios, such as injections or eating, for the purpose of sexual gratification
What happens when content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we'll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is the first time that you've posted content that violates our Community Guidelines, you'll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it's not, we'll issue a strike against your channel. Your channel will be terminated if you receive three strikes. You can learn more about our strikes system here.