The YouTube Shorts Fund is a $100M fund to reward creators for their dedication to making creative, original Shorts that delight the YouTube community. We’ll reach out to thousands of creators each month to tell them that they qualify for a Shorts bonus from the fund.
- Channels need to have uploaded at least one eligible Short in the last 180 days.
- Channels need to abide by YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules, and monetization policies.
- Channels uploading videos with watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms, non-original videos (for example, unedited clips from movies or TV shows), or videos reuploaded from other creator’s channels will not be eligible.
- Creators must be in one of these countries/regions:
Note: We plan to expand eligibility to more countries/regions.
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Creators must be 13 or older in the United States, or the age of majority in their country/region.
- Creators 13–18 years old must have a parent or guardian accept terms and set up an AdSense account for payment when one isn’t already linked to their channel.
Channels do not need to be currently monetizing on YouTube to be eligible. Creators in the YouTube Partner Program and channels that are affiliates under a Multi-Channel Network (MCN) are also eligible.
Learn more about the Shorts Fund
Missing a Shorts bonus email?
Sometimes our messages can get caught by email filters. If you can’t find our bonus notification email, please check your spam folders.
- Accept the bonus terms.
- Set up or link an AdSense account.
Setting up AdSense for the first time
- Under “Step 1,” select START to accept the bonus terms.
- Under “Step 2,” select START to set up your AdSense account.
- When asked if you have an existing AdSense account, choose No, I need to create one.
- Select CONTINUE to go to AdSense.
- Choose the Google Account to use for AdSense.
Note: If you already use AdSense for other reasons outside of YouTube, sign in to the Google Account used with your existing AdSense account.
- Accept terms select Create Account.
- Enter your address select Submit.
Once you’ve created your AdSense account, more instructions on how to complete your AdSense profile will be sent to you. These include submitting necessary tax info, confirming your personal details are correct, and indicating a method of payment.
Learn more about getting paid through AdSense.
|January||A creator’s new and existing Shorts count toward channel performance for a payment from the Shorts Fund in February.|
|Early February||YouTube reviews Shorts channel performance for January, and tells qualifying creators that they qualify for a bonus payment.|
|February 25||Qualifying creators claim their bonus or it may expire.|
|March – early April||AdSense issues February bonus payments to creators whose AdSense accounts are set up to receive payment.|
Channels that need to create an AdSense account may take longer to receive payment. The amount of time depends on how quickly the AdSense account is approved and payment details are set up. This process may take several months and includes:
Once set-up is complete, payment is made from AdSense between the 21st and 26th of the month.