April 11, 2022: The YouTube Shorts Fund was our first step to support how creators make money with Shorts, and over the last 8 months we’ve paid thousands of creators. To continue this learning, we’re experimenting with different ways to reward creators from the fund, including expanding payments to more creators and raising the amount creators can earn. Some creators who didn’t previously qualify may now earn bonuses under $100 and other creators may start to see bonuses over the previous $10,000 maximum. These experiments don’t change payments to creators currently earning from the fund; though some may see an increase.
March 10, 2022: Given the recent suspension of Google advertising systems in Russia, we’ll be pausing the creation of new Russian accounts on AdSense, AdMob and Google Ad Manager. Additionally, we will pause ads on Google properties and networks globally for advertisers based in Russia. As a result, creators in Russia won’t be able to complete new YPP sign-ups at this time.
The YouTube Shorts Fund is a $100M fund to reward creators for their dedication to making creative, original Shorts that delight the YouTube community. We’ll reach out to thousands of creators each month to tell them that they qualify for a Shorts bonus from the fund.
- Channels need to have uploaded at least one eligible Short in the last 180 days.
- Channels need to abide by YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules, and monetization policies.
- Channels uploading videos with watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms, non-original videos (for example, unedited clips from movies or TV shows), or videos reuploaded from other creator’s channels will not be eligible.
- Creators must be 13 or older in the United States, or the age of majority in their country/region.
- Creators 13–18 years old must have a parent or guardian accept terms and set up an AdSense account for payment when one isn’t already linked to their channel.
- Creators must be in one of these countries/regions:
- American Samoa
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Puerto Rico
- Republic of Ireland
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- U.S. Virgin Islands
Channels do not need to be currently monetizing on YouTube to be eligible. Creators in the YouTube Partner Program and channels that are affiliates under a Multi-Channel Network (MCN) are also eligible.
Learn more about the Shorts Fund
Missing a Shorts bonus email?
Sometimes our messages can get caught by email filters. If you can’t find our bonus notification email, check your spam folders.
- Accept the bonus terms.
- Set up or link an AdSense account.
Setting up AdSense for the first time
- Under “Step 1,” select START to accept the bonus terms.
- Under “Step 2,” select START to set up your AdSense account.
- When asked if you have an existing AdSense account, choose No, I need to create one.
- Select CONTINUE to go to AdSense.
- Choose the Google Account to use for AdSense.
Note: If you already use AdSense for other reasons outside of YouTube, sign in to the Google Account used with your existing AdSense account.
- Accept terms select Create Account.
- Enter your address select Submit.
Once you’ve created your AdSense account, more instructions on how to complete your AdSense profile will be sent to you. These include submitting necessary tax info, confirming your personal details are correct, and indicating a method of payment.
Learn more about getting paid through AdSense.
|January||A creator’s new and existing Shorts count toward channel performance for a payment from the Shorts Fund in February.|
|Early February||YouTube reviews Shorts channel performance for January, and tells qualifying creators that they qualify for a bonus payment.|
|February 25th||Qualifying creators must claim their bonus and link an AdSense account to their channel or their bonus may expire.|
|March||AdSense issues February bonus payments to creators whose AdSense accounts are set up to receive payment.|
Channels that need to create an AdSense account may take longer to receive payment. The amount of time depends on how quickly the AdSense account is approved and payment details are set up. This process may take several months and includes:
Once setup is complete, payment is made from AdSense between the 21st and 26th of the month. For more info on the AdSense payment cycle, check out Payment timelines for AdSense.