You can change your settings for the Google app, including settings for voice search, past searches, SafeSearch, and notifications. Some Google app settings are based on your device settings, like dark theme.
Open the settings menu
- Open the Google app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture or initial Settings Search .
- Search for a setting.
If you're new to iPhone, you can learn how to get started with the Google app.
Settings you can changeGeneral
- Autocomplete with trending searches: Choose whether you want to get trending searches when using the Google app.
- Google Translate: When you turn on Google Translate, the Google app will offer to translate pages written in other languages using Google Translate.
- Discover: Get stories related to your interests in the Google app.
- Search settings: You can change settings like region and language.
- Personal results: Depending on your other settings, you can get personal results from other products you use, like Gmail. For example, you can search for information about your upcoming flights or restaurant reservation.
- Search customization: Turn on to let Google offer you more relevant recommendations and results based on your searches when you're signed out.
- Region for Search Results: Choose a region for search results.
- Language for Search Results: Choose a language for search results.
- Autoplay video previews: Videos could start playing automatically without sound. You can turn these autoplay video previews on or off. You can also change when they'll play, like on Wi-Fi or mobile.
- Siri Shortcuts: Quickly access your favorite Google features, like Search, when you say "Search with Google" or "Translate with Lens."
- Default apps: Choose which apps to use when opening search results.
You can choose to get personal results in Search based on info in your Google Account. Personal results in Search include:
- Autocomplete predictions from your Search history. Learn how to manage Google autocomplete predictions.
- Personal answers based on info in your Google Account, like upcoming flights from Gmail. Learn about travel results from Gmail.
- Recommendations just for you based on your activity. These can appear in places like the Discover feed and for queries like “what to watch” or “where to eat.”
Change the settings used when you search or complete an action using your voice.
- Language: The language you pick here works with any voice searches you do. If you want, this can be different from your device's display language.
- Spoken results: Choose whether answers are spoken back to you when you do a search.
- Voice search on Bluetooth devices: If this setting is on, you can do voice searches or actions using a Bluetooth headset, when one is connected.
- "Ok Google" hotword: Decide whether saying "Ok Google" will trigger a voice search from anywhere in the app. The "Ok Google" setting is available only on iPhone 4s+ and iPad 2+ devices.
On web page forms, Autofill saves and fills in password and payment info with the data saved to your Google Account. Autofill also saves address data to your device.
To turn Autofill on or off:
- Open the Google app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture or initial Settings Autofilll.
- Tap Autofill with Google.
To manage your info from Autofill, tap Manage addresses, Payment methods or Passwords Select the info you want to change or remove.
Tip: With Autofill, you can also create and save strong passwords. When a site asks for a new password, Autofill suggests one for you. To save the password, tap Use suggested. To create your own, tap Cancel.
- Search history: Your on-device Search history is separate from your Search history that’s saved to your Google Account. Learn how to manage your account Search history.
- App history: If you use the Google app while you’re signed out of your Google Account, the app saves your on-device Search history. Learn how to manage on-device Search history.
- You can delete the Search history saved on your device. This won’t delete your Search history saved on other devices. Learn how to manage on-device Search history.
- To give you more relevant search results and recommendations, Google might use searches from the device you’re on. Learn how to turn off Search customization.
- Cookies: You can delete your cookies for the Google app from the device you're on. This won’t clear cookies on other apps or mobile browsers, like Chrome or Safari. Learn how to manage cookies in Chrome.
Google Usage ID
Enable Face ID for Incognito mode
To help us improve our products and services for everyone, you can let the Google app send us information about how you use it and how it’s working.
The Google app can send information like:
- Data from Google app crashes or other problems
- What other apps you have on your device
- Quality and length of your network connections like mobile, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
Remove your Google Account from the Google app
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Manage accounts on this device.
- Tap a Google account Remove account.