Block explicit results on Google using SafeSearch
You can filter explicit search results on Google, like pornography, with the SafeSearch setting. SafeSearch isn’t 100% accurate. But it can help you avoid explicit and inappropriate search results on your phone, tablet, or computer.
How SafeSearch works
When SafeSearch is on, it helps block explicit images, videos, and websites from Google Search results.
When SafeSearch is off, we'll provide the most relevant results for your search and may include explicit content when you search for it.
Turn SafeSearch on or off
- Go to Search Settings.
- Under "SafeSearch filters," check or uncheck the box next to "Turn on SafeSearch."
- At the bottom of the page, select Save.
Troubleshoot problems with SafeSearch
We do our best to keep the SafeSearch filter as thorough as possible, but sometimes explicit content, like porn or nudity, makes it through. If you have SafeSearch turned on, but still see inappropriate sites or images, let us know.
Report a site
Report an image
If you’re searching on images.google.com and see an image you want to report:
- On the image results page, click the inappropriate image.
- At the bottom right of your screen, under the related images, click Send feedback.
Phone or tablet
- On the image results page, tap the image you want to report.
- At the bottom right, tap More Send feedback.
- If you allow cookies, SafeSearch should stay on.
- If you delete your cookies, your SafeSearch setting could get reset.
Your internet service provider (ISP) or network administrator can override your SafeSearch setting. If you think the SafeSearch setting you picked isn’t being applied to your search results, contact your ISP or network administrator for more info.