In case you lose your Wear OS watch, make sure you can find it with Find My Device.
If your watch is already lost, learn how to find it.
What you need
Your watch must:
- Be signed into a Google Account.
- Have Location turned on.
- Have been recently connected to a phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Be updated to the most recent OS version available.
Make sure your watch can be found
Find My Device is on by default when you set up your watch.
If the watch was recently connected to a phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, Find My Device will show the last location where the phone and the watch were connected. If the watch is currently connected to a phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, Find My Device will show the current location of the watch.
Step 1: Check that you’re signed in to a Google Account
The first time you set up Wear OS on your watch, you’re able to sign in to a Google Account.You can add or switch accounts anytime after you set up your watch.
Step 2: Check that Location is turned on
- If your watch screen is dim, tap it to wake up the watch.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings Location.
Wear 2: Tap Settings Connectivity.
- Turn on Location.
Step 3: Check that your watch is available on Find My Device
- On your phone or computer, open android.com/find.
- Sign in to the Google Account you use on your watch.
- If more than one device appears, choose your watch at the top of the screen.
Important: If the steps above don’t work for you, you’ll need to update your watch.
Get the Find My Device app
To be able to use your Android phone or tablet to find your Wear OS watch, install the Find My Device app on your Android device.