The first time you set up Wear OS on your watch, you’ll be guided to sign into a Google Account. You’ll get notifications, share contacts, and sync apps from this account, unless you change it later.
- The steps below let you add a personal Google Account to your watch.
- You can’t add a Google Workspace Account that has "Device Management" turned on. If you want to use a Google Workspace Account on your watch, you must turn off "Device Management." Learn more about device management for Google Workspace Accounts.
Add or switch accounts on your watch
- If you can't see your screen, wake up the watch.
- To wake up your watch, from the watch face, slide down.
- Tap Settings Account and Backup Google Account.
- On Wear 2: Tap Settings Personalization.
- To add an account: Tap Accounts Add Google Account.
- To switch accounts: Tap Accounts and choose a different account.
Your watch uses the Google Account that you set up when you first connected your watch. You can have multiple Google accounts on both your watch and phone.
- After you add your Google Account to your watch, you can download apps from the Play Store. Learn how to get and remove apps from your watch.
- Some apps let you change the account you use to sign in.