If you have trouble connecting to Google Assistant or sending messages on your watch, try these fixes.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy watch 5 series and have issues with setting up Google Assistant, before you reattempt setup, it's best to wait for 15 minutes once your watch setup is complete.
Fix connection issuesFix connection issues with Google Assistant on a Fitbit Sense or Versa
- Make sure you set up Google Assistant through the Fitbit App.
- Make sure your watch is connected to the phone.
- Make sure you're signed into a Google Account on your phone.
- Make sure the watch and phone are connected via Bluetooth.
Fix issues with messages
If you can’t send messages on your watches running Wear OS, try these steps:
Step 1: Check that your watch is paired with an Android device
Make sure your watch is paired with an Android device. If your watch is paired with an iPhone, you can’t send chat messages.
Step 2: Check that your watch & phone are connected
Step 3: Check Google Assistant
Make sure Google Assistant is set up on your watch.
- Ask a question about the weather.
- If you don’t receive an answer, learn how to set up Google Assistant.
Step 4: Check the messaging app on your phone or tablet
On your paired Android phone or tablet, confirm you:
Step 5: Check the other person’s messaging app
On your paired Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Contacts app.
- Search the person you want to message and tap their name.
- In their contact details, check if they have the messaging app.
- If the person has the messaging app, at the top of the contact screen, tap the star. If the contact is already starred, try to unstar and re-star it.