I’m not getting notifications on my watch
This page can help if:
- Your watch doesn't vibrate when you get a notification.
- You're not seeing notifications at all.
Try to restart your phone and your watch
You can restart your watch through the Settings app on your watch.
If restarting doesn't work, try other troubleshooting steps below. Make sure to check your watch after each step to see if notifications start working.
Phones running Android 5.0 and up
When your interruptions are set to "None," your watch won’t vibrate for any new notifications. If you change this setting on your watch, it will also change on your phone (and the other way around).
To change interruption settings, swipe down from the top of your watch’s screen to see notification options. Tap to choose None, Priority only, or Show all.
Learn more about managing interruption settings on Android 5.0.
Phones running Android 4.3 or 4.4
When your watch is muted, it won’t vibrate for new notifications. You'll also see a Mute icon on your screen .
To mute or unmute: Swipe down from the top of your watch’s screen until it vibrates. You’ll see the word "Mute" or "Unmute".
All Android phones
If your watch is in Theater mode, notifications won’t appear and your display will be turned off.
Here’s how to turn off Theater mode:
- If your watch has a power button: Press it twice quickly.
- If your watch doesn't have a power button: Tap the screen twice quickly.
Learn more about Theater mode.
Your watch uses the notification settings you have on your phone, so if your phone doesn’t vibrate or make a sound for an app, your watch won’t vibrate.
- On your phone, open the Wear OS by Google app .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Block app notifications.
- You’ll see a list of any apps that are muted.
- To unmute, tap the next to the app’s name, and it will be removed from the list.
If a specific app’s notifications aren’t showing up, open the app on your phone and check its settings to make sure notifications are turned on.
You can also check the app’s system notification settings on your phone to make sure system notifications are turned on. Here's how:
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Under "Device," tap Apps.
- At the top of the screen, swipe from right to left over the word "Downloaded" until you see "All."
- Find the app you want to check, and tap the app name.
- At the top of the screen, make sure the box is checked next to "Show notifications."
Try opening a website on your phone, such as news.google.com, to make sure you are connected.
If none of these steps work, try resetting your watch to factory settings.
Note: When you reset your watch to factory settings, apps, settings, and data on your watch will all be erased.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.