Reset your watch to factory settings
If you're having problems with your watch, you may need to reset it to the way it was when you first got it ("factory settings").
What happens when you reset to factory settings:
When you reset your watch to factory settings:
- Data stored on your watch is erased.
- Installed apps and their data are erased.
- System settings and preferences are erased.
- Your watch is unpaired from your phone. To use it, you'll need to pair your watch with your phone again.
Reset to factory settings
If you can't see your screen, wake up the watch.
- From the top of the screen, swipe down and tap Settings System.
- On some watches, you need to swipe left to see this option.
- Scroll down and tap Disconnect and reset .
- If you don't see this option: Tap Unpair with phone .
- To confirm you’d like to unpair and reset your watch, tap Done .
If you’re still having trouble: Uninstall the Wear OS app and reinstall it. Then try again.
Learn more about how to fix Wear OS connection issues.
Find your apps after a reset
When you reset your watch, your apps are erased. After you re-pair your watch, go to your watch's Play Store to decide which apps you want back on your watch. Then, download the apps. Learn how to download apps on your watch.
Older watch versions: When you re-pair your watch to your phone after the factory reset, your apps that worked with Fit all get installed onto your watch.