If you have trouble with calls or with accessing Google Voice, try these steps for fixing your particular issue.
Can't sign up because your account isn't ready
During sign-up, if you see the message, "Your account isn't ready for Google Voice yet," contact your Voice administrator. Before you can use Voice, your administrator needs to assign you a Voice license and set up your account.
Can't access Google Voice
If you're using a Google Workspace account managed by your work or school:
- Verify your administrator has turned on Voice for your account and assigned you a Voice license.
- Check your internet connection and verify you can access other Google Workspace services.
- Make sure you're using a supported browser:
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Microsoft Edge
Can't make a phone call
Important: Chinese telecom carriers may block outbound calls to China.
- Make sure the phone number is properly formatted.
- If you copied and pasted the phone number, try typing the number you want to call.
- If you're making an international call, enter the correct country code. Make sure you didn’t enter the country code twice.
- If you're not using a Google Voice for Google Workspace account, check if you have enough calling credit. Learn how to buy credit.
- When you’re calling from the US, almost all Google Voice calls to the US and Canada are free.
- Calls to a few places in the US and Canada cost 1 cent per minute USD, or the listed rate for your local currency.
- Calls to places outside the US are at listed rates.
- Learn more about calling rates.
For Voice for Google Workspace accounts, calls are billed centrally to your organization.
- Voice calls might not be available in the country/region you're visiting.
Countries/regions where calling from Voice is not available
- India (Users can make calls to all countries but not to domestic locations within India.)
- North Korea
- If you're using a work or school account and hear the message, "Could not complete your call," contact your Voice administrator. This message could mean you no longer have a Voice license and your administrator needs to assign you a license.
Can't get a phone call
On your computer
- Make sure voice.google.com is open in your browser.
- Make sure your computer is set up to answer incoming calls.
- Reload your browser.
On your mobile device
Make sure your mobile device is set up to answer incoming calls.
Can't hear ringing for incoming calls
If you don't use Voice regularly while it's open, you might not hear ringing for incoming calls. To solve this issue, interact with Voice. Click through the Voice interface for 10 seconds. To learn more read our Autoplay Policy Changes.
Inactivity may put the Google Voice tab in sleep mode. When you get a call while the Google Voice tab is in sleep mode, incoming calls won't ring.
If you still have problems
Visit the Google Voice Help Community to get help from other people who use Voice.