Ask for a Google Voice refund
You can ask for a refund for some Google Voice calls and balances within 6 months of your original purchase. You can't transfer credit between Google Accounts.
If your Google Voice account was migrated to an account managed by your organization, you can request a refund if you had a credit balance on your account.
- On your computer, open Google Voice.
- At the top left, click Menu Settings.
- On the left, click Payments.
- Click Billing history Refund balance. Google Voice will look different, but you're in the right place.
- Select your refund:
- Get credit for a call: Review the eligible calls. Only recent calls under a certain length are eligible. Next to your call, click Refund.
- Refund current balance: At the bottom, click Refund balance.
You can’t get a refund for:
- Purchases over 6 months old
- $10 fee to change your Google Voice number
- $20 fee to transfer your number to Google Voice
- $20 fee to keep your original Google Voice number when you also port your number from a cell phone service company
- $3 fee to transfer your number out of Google Voice
How long refunds take
Refunds take different amounts of time depending on the type of refund and how you paid. The following timelines are estimates only.
- Refund for a call: Within minutes
- Refund current balance: Up to 10 business days
Refund timelines depend on your bank or credit card company. If your credit card isn't active, refunds will go to the company that issued your card. Contact the company to recover funds.
- Manual refund: 14 business days after we receive your refund form