Archive and delete messages or calls
- Select the voicemail or text message by checking the box next to the sender's name or number.
- Click Archive near the top of the page.
To move an archived item back to your inbox, follow these steps:
- Click History, Voicemail, Text, or Recorded on the left side of the page.
- Check the box next to the sender's name or number.
- Click Move to Inbox near the top of the page.
If you're in a view other than inbox, text message, voicemail, and recorded calls that are not archived will have an 'Inbox' label next to them to let you know they're located in your inbox.
Delete messages or calls
- Select the checkbox to the left of the message or call you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button at the top of the page.
Once a message or call is in Trash, it will be permanently deleted for you after 30 days, or you can delete it yourself. Here's how:
- Click Trash on the left side of any Google Voice page.
- Select the checkbox next to the message you'd like to permanently delete.
- Click Delete Forever.
If you delete a message or call and then immediately decide to keep it, click Trash again on the left side of the page. Select the message or call you want to keep and click Undelete. You can only undelete a message or call in Trash if the message has been there for less than 30 days.
Megan is a Google Voice expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.