Floodlight integration and approvals
Floodlight activities can be pushed directly from Campaign Manager to Google Tag Manager containers. Instead of using the Tag Manager interface to add Floodlight Counter or Floodlight Sales tags to your containers, you instead approve a link request from a Campaign Manager account, and approve activities as they are pushed to the container.
Approve link requests
To approve a link request:
- In Tag Manager, navigate to Admin Approval Queue Overview.
- Locate the desired link requests under External Account Links.
- Click the desired external account name, then click Approve.
To see a list of existing account links: navigate to Admin External Account Links Overview.
To unlink a Campaign Manager from the container, click the external account name, then click Delete Link.
To approve a Floodlight activity:
- From a container, navigate to Admin Approval Queue Tags.
- Click the activity name.
- Make any desired modifications to the tag, then click Approve.
Mobile Floodlight activities
The process for mobile Floodlight configuration is similar to the process for web-based Floodlight deployments, with a few small changes:
Create a container specifically for mobile activities and use this container to link to Campaign Manager. If you’ve already created a container to fire your web-based Floodlight tags, note that you’ll need to create and maintain a separate mobile container specifically for mobile Floodlight tags.
When you receive the tags, you may also receive specific instructions with conditions for how they should fire. There are two mobile-specific settings you may need to configure:
- Unrepeatable: Check this box if you want your Floodlight tag to fire only once over the lifetime of the app (for example, when a user downloads or installs an app).
- Firing rules: The activity must be tied to a firing rule in Google Tag Manager so that the tag fires.