Failed payment due to a declined card
If you tried to place an order and the card you used for payment was declined, you'll need to update your payment information in Google:
- If you update your payment info within 7 days, your order should go through automatically. To check if it did, sign in to your account at payments.google.com after you update your payment info and check your pending orders. If your order is there, that means it went through. You won't need to place the order again.
- If you update your payment info after 7 days, you'll need to place your order again.
Common reasons why cards get declined
Your card may have been declined for one of the following reasons:
- A typo in the card number. Try entering your card number again.
- An expired credit card. If your card hasn’t expired, check to make sure the date was entered right.
- A typo in the Card Verification Code (CVC). Double-check the number and retype it.
- Mismatched billing address with the one on file with your bank. Check that your Google Wallet billing address matches the one your card provider has on file.
- Your credit limit was reached. Contact your card provider for more information.
If you tried all these and still couldn’t get your card to work, contact your card provider.
Arneil is a Google Store expert and author of this help page. Help him improve this article by leaving feedback below.