Return a device for a refund
You can return an item you bought from the Google Store only within 15 calendar days after the day you received it. If you bought Nest Thermostat from the Google Store, you can return your device only within 30 days.
We’ll refund the payment method that you paid minus a restocking fee (if applicable) and minus the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract.
The following return process also applies to orders delivered in-person or bought during the delivery appointment. You can return these items within 15 calendar days after the appointment.
Note: All hardware in the Stadia Founder's Edition bundle must be returned to receive a full refund. For details on how this affects your subscription, access code, buddy pass, and games, please see the Stadia Help Center.
If you haven’t received your Google Store order yet, see how to change or cancel it.
Step 1: Tell us what you want to return
- Find the order with the item you want to return.
- Under the order you want to return, select View details.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. After a few hours, you’ll get a confirmation email. Follow the instructions inside.
- If you see "Device is not eligible for return," your shipment either hasn’t shipped yet or has passed the 15-day return limit. If it hasn’t shipped yet, you may be able to cancel or change your order.
Step 2: Wrap it up
Include the following in your package:
- The box your purchase came in
- The device or accessory
- Other accessories, documentation, and anything else that came with the device
- The form included in your return confirmation email (find your device serial number if you need it)
Don’t include accessories that didn’t come with the device originally:
- SIM card (if you added your own)
- Device cases
- Extended batteries
- Other accessories that didn’t come with the device
Make sure to transfer, back up, or erase all personal and other data on the device before sending it to Google. Google isn’t responsible for any use or disclosure of any data that is on the device.
Step 3: Send it back to Google
To be sure the device arrives in its original condition, package and ship it using the label and instructions from the Google Store support email.
If you’re returning multiple items, package and ship each item separately (unless otherwise specified).
If you bought a wireless device from Google Store (like a Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 device) and want to return it, do so within 15 calendar days of receiving it. A restocking fee of $35 applies to any return of such wireless device (excluding purchases and returns occurring in Hawaii and where prohibited by law). The restocking fee will be taxed in select states.
Restocking fees do not apply when the wireless device is returned because the item was defective when it was initially received by the consumer or because the incorrect item was delivered.
Exchange a device
Exchanges aren’t available. Instead, you can return your purchase and use your refund to buy a different item.