As communities respond to COVID-19, we know that this time presents unique challenges for businesses. Below are some considerations as you evaluate your ads and adapt to dynamic market conditions.
Evaluate your ads
- Consider your context and tone. Make sure you’re sensitive to how certain words may make your audience feel. Be careful about the double meanings of words like “protection,” “checkup,” “prevention,” or “virus.” For international campaigns, be aware of local terms that have been used to reference COVID-19 and regional disruptions.
- Check if your message is helpful. For example, edit your ads as needed to let customers know if you offer services like delivery or in-store pick up. Review shipping settings and estimated delivery time to ensure you accurately reflect current capabilities.
- Make ad copy changes at scale. After evaluating your ads, use Search Ads 360 ad builder to update your ads at scale.
Adapt to dynamic market conditions
- Stay informed. For example, automated rules can notify you about sudden spend or performance volatility, and connecting Search Ads 360 to Data Studio can help you visualize campaign performance and create reports that include data from other sources.
- Respond to changes. Using automated bid strategies can help you save time and respond more effectively to sudden changes in performance across search engines. For Google Ads campaigns, consider enabling auction-time bidding in your Search Ads 360 bidding strategies to allow for faster reaction and inclusion of real-time signals.
- Use tools that can help you manage volatility. For example, you can rely on inventory management to generate and manage search campaigns, ad groups, text ads, keywords, and Google Ads sitelinks. As your inventory data and stock levels update, inventory management will update your campaigns and other items.
- Adopt tools that can help you maintain performance. Consider budget management to help with planning, pacing and reporting to optimize your budget performance.
For more tips, watch this video to learn how Google Marketing Platform can help you be ready for what comes next.
7 best practices to thrive in dynamic markets