Campaign Manager and Display & Video 360 audience list filtering
Supported audience lists
- First party DMP
- Google Analytics 360
Audience lists must have 500 or more members for an ad to be shown to that list.
Unsupported audience lists
- Google affinity and in-market audiences (including demographic audiences)
Audience list filtering cannot be combined with other third-party audience filtering rules (such as user lists or remarketing attributes). However, it can be combined with other types of filtering, such as geo-targeting or Campaign Manager targeting keys.
- Start with a feed template. Refer to this sample feed structure as a starting point.
- Fill out the feed. Follow these general feed instructions to add columns and data to the feed.
- Add the audience list ID filtering column. Add a column for audience list IDs. In each row, enter the numerical ID of the audience list you want to show this row's content to.
Every row of a filtering column should have a value. If you leave a row blank, it will be considered a match for all IDs. This means if multiple rows are selected based on the filtering you set up, all blank rows will also be selected for rotation, along with the rows that match the targeted IDs.
Get the ID of an audience list in Campaign Manager
- Open your advertiser in Campaign Manager, then click the Audience tab.
- Copy the audience list ID number found next to the audience list name.
Get the ID of an audience list in Display & Video 360
- Open your advertiser in Display & Video 360, then click Audiences in the left menu.
- Copy the audience list ID number found under the audience list name.
Studio profile setup
- Upload the feed to your Studio profile.
- Navigate to Step 2: Manage Data. In the "Data types and filters" section, find the field name that matches the name of the audience list ID column in your feed. In that row, select the field type CM/DV360 Audience ID.
- Navigate to Step 3: Manage Rules. Confirm that the "Type" drop-down is set to "Auto-filter", and the Summary displays Filtering on: Audience_list_ID (or the name of the audience list ID column in your feed). If you need to update the filtering column, click Manage.
- In Step 4: Generate Code, the dynamic code is generated. Follow these steps to incorporate the dynamic code into the creative files and upload them to Studio.
- In Step 5: Preview, preview the creative by entering the Campaign Manager or Display & Video 360 audience ID to preview with, then click Launch/Update preview. Repeat as needed to test multiple audience IDs.
- When you're done previewing and testing the creative, go to Step 7: Publish, then click Publish.
Make sure to use valid audience list IDs from either the Campaign Manager advertiser associated with your Studio advertiser, or a Display & Video 360 advertiser synced to the associated Campaign Manager advertiser. If you enter an audience ID that isn't associated or is incorrect, feed transformation will fail and you won't be able to publish.