DCM and Bid Manager audience list filtering
Supported audience lists
- First party DMP
- Google Analytics Premium
Audience lists must have 500 or more members for an ad to be shown to that list.
Unsupported audience lists
- Google affinity and in-market audiences
- Start with a feed template. Refer to this sample feed structure as a starting point.
- Fill out the feed. Follow these general feed instructions to add columns and data to the feed.
- Add the audience list ID filtering column. Add a column for audience list IDs. In each row, enter the numerical ID of the audience list you want to show this row's content to.
Every row of a filtering column should have a value. If you leave a row blank, it will be considered a match for all IDs. This means if multiple rows are selected based on the filtering you set up, all blank rows will also be selected for rotation, along with the rows that match the targeted IDs.
Get the ID of an audience list in DCM
- Open your advertiser in DCM, then click the Audience tab.
- Copy the audience list ID number found next to the audience list name.
Get the ID of an audience list in Bid Manager
- Open your advertiser in Bid Manager, then click Audiences in the left menu.
- Copy the audience list ID number found under the audience list name.
Studio profile setup
- Upload the feed to your Studio profile.
- Navigate to Step 2: Manage Data. In the "Data types and filters" section, find the field name that matches the name of the audience list ID column in your feed. In that row, select the field type DCM/DBM Audience ID.
- Navigate to Step 3: Manage Rules. Confirm that the "Type" drop-down is set to "Auto-filter", and the Summary displays Filtering on: Audience_list_ID (or the name of the audience list ID column in your feed). If you need to update the filtering column, click Manage.
- In Step 4: Generate Code, the dynamic code is generated. Follow these steps to incorporate the dynamic code into the creative files and upload them to Studio.
- In Step 5: Preview, preview the creative by entering the DCM or Bid Manager audience ID to preview with, then click Launch/Update preview. Repeat as needed to test multiple audience IDs.
- When you're done previewing and testing the creative, go to Step 7: Publish, then click Publish.
Make sure to use valid audience list IDs from either the DCM advertiser associated with your Studio advertiser, or a Bid Manager advertiser synced to the associated DCM advertiser. If you enter an audience ID that isn't associated or is incorrect, feed transformation will fail and you won't be able to publish.