Add custom events in Google Web Designer
Add an exit using Google Web Designer
Google Web Designer's Tap Area component is fully compatible with Studio. No custom code is required.
Add an exit using a Tap Area
- Be sure your ad has a button or other clear visual call-to-action element for the user to click or touch.
- Drag the Tap Area component from the Interaction folder of the Components panel to the stage, and position it over the call to action.
- Click the new event button in the Events panel.
- In the event dialog, select the following options:
Target The Tap Area component (
Event Tap Area > Touch/Click Action Google Ad > Exit Receiver
- Metrics ID - A label (e.g., "CTA") to make reports easier to understand.
- URL - The exit URL.
- Collapse on exit - For expandable ads, check to collapse the ad when the user closes the ad.
- Pause media on exit - Check to stop video and audio playback when the user closes the ad.
- Collapsed page on exit - For expandable ads, the page to show when the user closes the ad.
When you upload your creative to Studio, review the exit details in the Edit Events step of the Creatives workflow.
Components can't be previewed inside the Google Web Designer interface. To see the component in action, preview your ad in your preferred browser.
Events are how you connect a physical gesture from your user to an action in your ad. (See the Add events article in the Google Web Designer Help Center for more information.) The Tap Area component sends the following event which can be used to trigger other actions: