You can preview your ad or HTML page to see how it will look and behave once it's published, including any events.
To preview your work, click the Preview button in the top right corner of the window.
Google Web Designer detects which browsers you have installed. To preview in a particular browser, click the down arrow on the Preview button and select the browser from the list. The browser you select becomes the default for future previews.
Responsive viewports selection
For responsive documents, you can select the range of available preview sizes by clicking the down arrow on the Preview button.
- Standard - Common sizes for the ad environment.
- Advanced - The full set of sizes for the ad environment.
Google Web Designer has different preview modes, depending on the document type. You can select the preview mode from the controls at the top of the preview page.
The table below describes the preview modes available for your document. Simple banner ads don't offer preview modes.
If your document contains the Parallax component, the preview emulates a mobile web page with enough content for you to scroll above and below the component.
- Device - Select a mobile device or Custom.
- Rotate device - Switch between portrait and landscape.
- Viewport size - If you select Custom for the device, you can set a new size by editing this field or dragging the preview's resize handles.
Parallax ads always use the Parallax preview mode.
|Document type||Preview modes|
Expandable, interstitial, or HTML page
You can interact with the preview of your document to see how it behaves.
The preview lets you see at a glance how your responsive document renders at different sizes.
You can preview your dynamic ad with different sets of sample data.
More than one type?
Some document types exclude options for other types.
- Expandable and interstitial ads only display one version at a time in the preview, even if they're also responsive or dynamic.
- Documents that are both responsive and dynamic (that aren't expandable or interstitial ads) let you preview either multiple sizes or multiple feeds at the same time, not both.
To reset the preview of an ad or HTML page to its initial state, click the Reload button at the right side of the preview control bar.
If you're previewing multiple versions of a responsive or dynamic ad, you can click Reload beneath a single version.