Transfer data from an Android phone to a Pixel
You can copy data, like texts, photos, music, contacts, calendars, and apps. Get tips on how to use your Pixel phone.
You can copy these during setup:
- Apps and app data
- Music, photos, and videos
- Google Accounts
- Contacts stored on your phone or a SIM card
- Text messages that don't have photos, videos, or music
- Most phone settings (varies by phone and Android version)
You'll see these when you sign in to your Google Account on your Pixel phone:
- Calendar events
- Any other information associated with your Google Account
Important: Contacts and calendars that you copy to your Pixel phone will sync and upload to your Google Account online. Information associated with your Google Account syncs when you sign in to your Google Account on your Pixel phone.
- Downloads, like PDF files
- Photos, videos, and music stored in hidden folders
- Photos, videos, or music in text messages. The words in the MMS will transfer, but not the attachments.
- Apps that aren’t from the Google Play Store
- Data from apps that don't use Android backup
- Accounts other than Google Accounts and their data
- Contacts and calendars synced to services other than Google
- Certain phone settings (varies by phone and Android version)
- Charge both phones.
- On your current phone, install all available updates. Learn how to update Android.
- Find what you'll need. See what comes with your Pixel phone.
- A cable that works with your current phone, like the cable you use to charge it.
- Your Quick Switch Adapter, if your current phone or cable has a connection other than USB-C.
- Your SIM card and SIM card insertion tool, unless Google Fi is your mobile carrier and you're using eSIM.
- On your Pixel phone:
- On your Pixel phone:
- Turn on and unlock your current phone.
- Plug one end of a cable into your current phone. Plug the cable's other end into your Pixel phone. Or plug it into the Quick Switch Adapter and plug the adapter into your Pixel phone.
- On your current phone, tap Copy. Follow the on-screen steps.
- On your Pixel phone, you'll see a list of your data.
- To copy all your data, tap Copy.
- To copy only some data, first turn off what you don't want. Then tap Copy.
- When your transfer's done, you'll get a notification.