Use battery saver on a Pixel phone
To stretch power when your Pixel phone's battery gets low, you can set battery saver to turn on automatically. You can also turn on battery saver at any time.
What changes when battery saver is on
To save power with battery saver, your phone will:
- Wait until you look at an app to refresh its content, like email or news
- Stop use of Location services when your screen is off
- Stop apps from doing things in the background, unless you turn off battery optimization
Some notifications can be delayed.
When battery saver is on, at the top of your screen, you'll see Battery saver on .
Tip: Battery saver turns off while your phone is charging. It turns back on when you unplug your phone.
Turn battery saver on or off yourself
- Swipe down from the top of your phone's screen.
- Tap Battery saver .
Have battery saver turn on automatically
- Open your phone's Settings app .
- Tap Battery Battery saver Turn on automatically.
- Pick when battery saver will turn on. For example, at 15% charge.