Connect to mobile networks
You can adjust how your device uses data by changing your mobile network settings.
Depending on your carrier and service plan, your device may connect automatically to your carrier’s fastest available data network. Or you may need to insert a SIM card or pick settings for a specific carrier.
To help use less mobile data on a limited data plan, learn how to use data saver mode.
Change mobile network settings
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Networks & Internet Mobile network.
- Tap a setting.
Tip: To reset all your network settings, tap Networks & Internet More Network settings reset.
Available mobile network settings
Options vary by device and Android version.
- Data roaming: Let your device send data over other carriers' networks when you leave an area covered by your carrier’s networks.
- Preferred network type: Pick your preferred network type from options, like LTE, 3G, and 2G.
- Enhanced 4G LTE mode: Improve voice and other communications.
- Access point names: Help your carrier find the right IP address for your device and connect your device securely.
- Network operators: Pick your network operator from available networks.
Multiple SIM cards & mobile network settings
If your device has more than one SIM card:
- You can change each SIM card's mobile network information with the tabs at the top of "Mobile network settings."
- You can assign each SIM card a carrier and activities, like phone calls or text messages. Learn how to assign SIM cards.