You can adjust how your phone uses data by changing your mobile network settings.
Depending on your carrier and service plan, your phone may connect automatically to your carrier’s fastest available data network. Or you may need to insert a SIM card or pick settings for a specific carrier.
Change mobile network settings
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet Mobile network.
- Tap a setting.
Tip: To reset all your network settings, tap System Advanced Reset options Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
Available mobile network settings
The following options vary by phone and Android version:
- Mobile data: Turn mobile data on or off.
- Roaming: Let your phone send data over other carriers' networks when you leave an area covered by your carrier’s networks.
- Preferred network type: Pick your preferred network type from options, like LTE, 3G, and 2G.
- Network: Pick your network operator from available networks.
- Access point names: Help your carrier find the right IP address for your phone and connect your phone securely.
Multiple SIMs & mobile network settings
If your phone has more than one SIM:
- You can change each SIM's mobile network information with the tabs at the top of "Mobile network settings."
- You can assign each SIM a carrier and activities, like phone calls or text messages. Learn how to assign SIM cards.