You can manage your battery, extend your battery life, and fix issues with the battery in your Pixel phone.
Manage your Pixel phone battery
Check battery level
You can check how much charge your Pixel phone’s battery has left.
Charge your Pixel phone
Use Battery Saver & Extreme Battery Saver
"Optimizing for battery health" (Pixel 3 & later)
To help preserve battery health, your phone automatically limits charging to about 80% under certain conditions:
- Continuous charge under high battery drain conditions, like game play.
- Continuous charge for 4 days or more.
- Battery temperature reaches 95°F (35°C) for over 6 hours.
The temporary feature automatically turns off when the phone no longer meets the conditions listed above. You know the feature is no longer active when the phone starts to charge to 100%.
When this feature is on, a notification that says “Optimizing for battery health” appears on the “Always On Display” and in the Settings app under “Battery.”
To stop using “Optimizing for battery health”:
- Unplug your Pixel phone from its charger or remove it from Pixel Stand.
- Either restart your Pixel phone or wait about 10 minutes.
- When the feature is turned off, the notification disappears and the phone can charge to 100%.
- Tip: The next time your phone meets the above conditions, the feature automatically turns back on.
Extend battery life on your Pixel phoneGet the most life from your battery
To help your phone’s battery last longer for the duration of the phone’s life, take care of the battery and reduce battery drain.
To help a dying battery last until you can plug in your phone, you can turn on battery saver. To stretch your remaining battery power, you can also make temporary changes to your settings.
To have apps use your phone's battery only when you need them to, keep adaptive battery and battery optimization on. These settings are on by default.
Fix issues with your Pixel phone batteryFix battery drain problems
If your phone has one of the following problems:
- Won’t turn on
- Has a black or blank screen
- Turns on but immediately turns off