See if you can restore deleted photos & videos
If you have back up & sync on, photos and videos you delete will stay in your trash for 60 days. Learn how to turn on back up & sync.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Photos app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to recover.
- At the top, tap Restore . That photo or video will be restored to your Google Photos library and added back into any albums it was in.
To put a copy of the photo or video back in the iPhone or iPad Photos app, go to your iPhone or iPad's Photos app's Recently Deleted album to restore local copies.
Don't see the photo or video?
If something isn't in your trash, it can't be restored. You won't be able to restore a photo if:
- You moved it to trash more than 60 days ago
- You moved it to trash, then emptied your trash
- You permanently deleted it from your trash
If you can’t retrieve photos from Google Photos backup, it may be somewhere else in the app. Find your missing photos.