See if you can restore deleted photos & videos
If you have back up & sync on, photos and videos you delete will stay in your trash for 60 days. You can recover deleted items using the instructions below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Photos app .
- At the top left, tap Menu , then Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to recover.
- At the top right, tap Restore . That photo or video will be restored to your Google Photos library and added back into any albums it was in.
If you want the local copy of the photo or video back in the iPhone or iPad Photos app, go to your iPhone or iPad's Photos app's Recently Deleted album to restore local copies.
Don't see the photo or video?
If something isn't in your trash, it can't be restored. You won't be able to restore a photo if:
- You moved it to trash more than 60 days ago
- You moved it to trash, then emptied your trash
- You permanently deleted it from your trash