See if you can restore deleted photos & videos
If you have back up & sync on, photos and videos you delete will stay in your trash for 60 days. You can recover deleted items using the instructions below.
- Open the Google Photos app .
- At the top left, tap Menu , then Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to recover.
- At the top right, tap Restore .
This action will put the photo or video back:
- Onto your phone
- Into the "Photos" section of the app
- Into any albums it was in
We recommend backing up your photos
To find and recover photos more easily, turn on back up & sync. Learn how