See if you can restore deleted photos & videos
If you have back up & sync on, photos and videos you delete will stay in your trash for 60 days. You can recover deleted items using the instructions below.
- Go back to the Google Photos app.
- At the top left, tap Menu , then Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to recover.
- At the top right, tap Restore .
This action will put the photo or video back:
- Onto your phone
- Into the "Photos" section of the app
- Into any albums it was in
Don't see the photo or video?
If something isn't in your trash, it can't be restored. You won't be able to restore a photo if:
- You moved it to trash more than 60 days ago
- You moved it to trash, then emptied your trash
- You permanently deleted it from your trash