You can request a copy of your iCloud photos and videos to transfer to Google Photos.
Important: The transfer doesn’t remove your photos and videos from iCloud. After the transfer, additional photos and videos stored in iCloud won’t sync to Google Photos automatically.
This service is available in these countries/regions:
- European Union
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States
To transfer photos and videos, the content must be:
- Stored in iCloud Photos
- Saved as one of these file formats:
- some RAW files
These content types don’t transfer from iCloud to Google Photos:
- Shared albums
- Smart albums
- Photo stream content
- Live photos
- Photos and videos not stored in iCloud
Before you request a transfer from iCloud Photos to Google Photos, check the following:
- You use iCloud Photos to store your photos and videos.
- Your Apple ID uses two-factor authentication.
- You have a Google Account to use Google Photos.
- Your Google Account has enough storage available to finish the transfer.
Request your photos & videos transfer
Important: Some data and formats available in iCloud Photos may not work when you transfer your content to Google Photos. Check what transfers from iCloud to Google Photos.
To request your transfer from iCloud to Google Photos:
- Sign in with your Apple ID at privacy.apple.com.
- Select Request to transfer a copy of your data.
- To start the transfer, sign in with your Google Account.
- To finish your request, follow the on-screen instructions.
Tip: The transfer process takes 3–7 days. If you cancel your transfer request before it’s complete, items that have already been copied over stay in Google Photos.
About photo & video transfer
- Only the most recent edits of photos and videos are transferred.
- To save space, if a photo or video already exists in Google Photos, only one copy of the photo or video is kept.
- When possible, photos are transferred within their albums. Videos are transferred separately and won’t be in albums.
- Tip: The filenames of albums and videos transferred to Google Photos start with "Copy of.”