Automatically sync your favorite photos between Apple Photos and Google Photos.
How it works
- Your favorite (heart) photos in Apple Photos become favorites in Google Photos.
- Your favorite (star) photos in Google Photos become favorites in Apple Photos.
- If you unfavorite photos in Google Photos, it unfavorites photos in Apple Photos, and vice versa.
Tip: You must use an iOS device for this feature.
Turn sync on or off
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Google Photos .
- At the top right, tap your account profile photo.
- Tap Google Photos settings Apps & devices.
- Tap Apple Photos Sync favorites Turn on sync or Turn off sync.
- If you already use Google Photos, you might see a prompt in the Google Photos app. Tap your Favorites folder to turn on sync and see your favorites in Apple Photos.
- If you turn off Sync favorites, it takes effect for future photos. Photos that are already favorites stay favorites.