titleattribute for one or more products targeted to people in Japan. If you are targeting products to people in Japan you must remove any promotional or extraneous text, such as “free shipping” or “great deal” from the
titleattribute by May 21, 2021 to avoid product disapproval.
One or more of the attributes associated with your product offer may contain either promotional text or text that is irrelevant for the attribute.
For example, say one of your products is a green couch, and within the value you submit for the
title attribute for this product you include the phrases "Best Price Guarantee", "30 Day Money Back Guarantee", or "Free Shipping". These phrases are considered promotional text and should not be included in the description attribute for this item because they are an irrelevant part of the description.
To resolve this issue and improve the quality of your offer, remove the promotional or irrelevant text from the attribute.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Remove the extraneous text
- Filter the download report so that you can only see products with:
“Issue title” = Extraneous text.
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID). Make sure each of your offers has a unique set of attributes or attribute values.
- Remove any promotional text.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.