One or more of your products have been disapproved in Merchant Center due to a product recall. Products that are determined to be unsafe or defective must be recalled in order to ensure user safety and continued consumer trust. Google will disapprove a product if it doesn't comply with Shopping ads policies or it is subject to a government or manufacturer recall. When a product is disapproved, it won't be eligible to serve, and should be removed from your product data.
As a retailer, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in addition to Google’s Shopping ads policies. If your product is recalled, you may be responsible for carrying out the recall process defined by the relevant authority or manufacturer.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to refer to the recall notification, which you can find in your Merchant Center account next to the affected products.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
- Find the relevant example and click on the link in the Reference column to access the relevant recall report.
Step 2: Resolve the issue
To resolve this issue, complete one of the following:
- Remove the affected products from your product data. Ensure that you follow the recall process set by the manufacturer or government agency.
- If you feel your product was incorrectly flagged, please reach out to our support team (or your Google contact).
Step 3: Verify updates
After you’ve completed the instructions received from the manufacturer and removed the product from your product feed, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your changes to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.