One or more of your products is ineligible for free enhanced listings on Google. This could be due to a number of reasons, including account ineligibility.
If you’ve received a warning indicating that your account is ineligible for free enhanced listings on Google, please note that this applies to the entire account and all associated products. In this case, we recommend examining product-level disapprovals as well as your overall account. Your account may be ineligible because we don’t have sufficient signals to enroll your account. This may change over time.
If you’ve received a warning indicating that specific products are ineligible for free enhanced listings on Google, these can be addressed on a product-by-product basis. Note that product-specific disapprovals may continue to show even if your account becomes eligible for free enhanced listings on Google.
In order to participate in free enhanced listings on Google, you need to provide all of the required attributes for enhanced listings for your products. You also need to follow the policies for both listing your products for free on Google and Shopping ads.
If you’ve already ensured compliance with these guidelines, you can influence your eligibility by providing Google with high-quality information that ensures shoppers will have a positive customer experience. There’s a range of ways you can do this. For example, you can link your account with a third-party platform or participate in Google Customer Reviews.
Eligibility is evaluated using a complex set of automatic checks. For this reason, you won’t be able to contact support to assist with or expedite the resolution of this issue. Your products will remain eligible for free standard listings.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
- Click the filter button , then click Destination and check that “List your products for free on Google” is selected from the dropdown menu.
- Click Type of listings and select Enhanced listings from the dropdown menu.
This will generate a list of the issues that result in the disapproval of your items.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected items for all issues:
- Click the download icon next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected items for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download icon at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Review and update product data
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Ineligible for enhanced listings
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each product is using all of the required attributes for that product, as stated in the data and eligibility requirements.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
Upload a feed
Submit through the Content API
Import content from an ecommerce platform
- If applicable, link your Merchant Center account to any third-party platform you use to show, promote, or sell your products across Google.