Two or more of the products in your product data use the same item group ID
[item_group_id], but don’t include multiple values for any associated variants, such as size
[size] or color
[color]. This could result in showing duplicates of the same offer, rather than showing two different offers that vary by size, color, or some other distinguishing attribute.
To make sure we can correctly identify products that use the same item group ID
[item_group_id], you’ll need to submit differing values for variant attributes or remove duplicate offers from your product data. You can also resolve this issue by removing the item group ID
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to view current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To view a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Add variant attributes
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
"Issue title" = Duplicate variant
- Search your product data for those products (using the ID). Make sure that for each product that uses this item group ID
[item_group_id]you have also submitted a unique value for a variant attribute, such as size
- Remove any duplicate offers for which there are no variant attributes.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.