Comparison listing ad (CLA) custom labels,
cla_custom_label_4, allow Comparison Shopping Services to create specific filters which can be used to filter and target groups of products for CLA Shopping campaigns. For example, you could label a group of products as seasonal, clearance, or top selling. The information you include and values you submit for this attribute won’t be shown to shoppers.
When to use
Optional for each product
If you manage CLA campaigns, you can use CLA custom labels to filter or group products. CLA custom labels can be used for CLA campaigns while existing custom labels are used for Shopping ads campaigns. This provides additional options to structure CLA campaigns without affecting the structure of Shopping ads campaigns.
The CLA custom label attributes are numbered 0–4:
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure we understand the data you're submitting.
|Type||String (Unicode characters. Recommended: ASCII only), not case sensitive|
1–100 characters, up to 1,000 unique values account-wide for each CLA custom label attribute (up to 5,000 labels total)
|Repeated field||No, but you can create up to five CLA custom labels numbered
|File format||Example value|
Follow these guidelines to make sure you submit high-quality data for your products.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show ads for your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account you manage.
- Submit only 1 value for each
- Create up to 1,000 unique labels for each CLA custom label attribute across your account (up to 5,000 labels total, 1,000 labels per attribute). If you submit products with a custom label after you exceed the limit, you won’t see reporting on products with those additional labels. You might also see other reporting errors. To fix the issue, reduce the number of unique labels, and then resubmit your product data.
- Use the CLA custom label attributes for CLA Shopping campaigns only. For Display with dynamic remarketing campaigns, use the
ads_groupingattributes. Learn more about the Display ads attribute specification.
These are best practices that can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Create up to five CLA custom labels for each product:
- Choose your own definition for each of the five CLA custom labels. Keep in mind the possible values for each label. You can add the values to each product in your Merchant Center account based on your definition.
- Use Feed Rules to assign CLA custom labels automatically based on values you already submitted in your product data. For example, if you want a custom label to represent different price ranges, you could set a rule that automatically applies a certain value to
custom_label_0based on the price range. For example, you might use the following labels: 0-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20+. Learn more about Feed Rules.
Set up your own definitions for CLA custom labels and include only one type of label per attribute. This definition isn’t something that you enter in Google Ads or Merchant Center, but it will help your own understanding of what values you should include.
|Example values||winter, spring, summer, fall|
|Your definition||Top Sellers|
|Example values||best seller, low seller|
|Your definition||Price ranges|
|Example values||0-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20+|
|Example values||low margin, high margin|
|Your definition||Release year|
|Example values||1998, 2000, 2010, 2016|
For each product that you submit, you can include only one label (e.g., “summer”) per attribute (e.g.,
custom_label_0). However if you want to include multiple labels, add the other custom label attributes.
Remember that each of these attributes is optional. So include a CLA custom label only if it’s helpful to you.