Promote your products and attract attention to your ads and free listings by showcasing sales. When your product shows with sales price annotations, your sales stand out and potential customers see how much they’ll save.
How it works
Submit the original price for your item using the required price
[price] attribute. When you lower the price of an item for a sale, you can submit the sale price using the optional sale price
[sale_price] attribute. Continue submitting the original price using the price
[price] attribute, even during the time of the sale.
How it shows
If the sale price and original base price meet certain conditions, both prices will show, and so will sale price annotations. The sale price will show as the current price alongside the original price, which will show with a strikethrough. Your product will also show with a badge that highlights your sale. The specific colors used for annotations differ depending on where your product appears.
The image above may contain English or USD. When the sales price is applied to your product, it will display in the local currency and language.
In order for your product to show with sale price annotations, you need to meet certain requirements:
- The base price, or the higher price, must have been charged for a period of 30 days (do not need to be consecutive) in the past 200 days.
- A sale price should not be charged for more than 30 days.
- The base price must be valid.
- The sale price must be lower than the base price.
- The discount of the sale must be greater than 5% and less than 90%.
[sale_price]is an attribute that is submitted through the product feed, promotions are a supplemental feature that allow merchants to highlight special offers on their products. Learn more about promotions
How to find products with sale price annotations
You can check which products are eligible for a sale price annotation by visiting the “All products” page in the Merchant Center.
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- From the navigation panel, click Products.
- Select All products.
- Use the filter icon in the table and then choose Sale badge > Yes.
- Select Yes.