Set up estimated delivery time
Estimated delivery time is an important information for users evaluating a possible purchase. If you want to show this information in your Shopping ads, you'll need to specify a time in transit for each of your shipping services, and a handling time for each product.
Transit time refers to the time it takes the shipping company to deliver the product to your customer. Transit time is a configuration option in your shipping services, which can be configured in Google Merchant Center.
To add transit time to a shipping service:
- Select Simple if you want the transit time to apply to the whole country.
- If you want your transit time to apply to specific areas of the country:
- Select Advanced
- In the table that appears, enter values for min and max transit time
- Use the Add Destination button to add destinations.
- Choose an entry from the available list of destinations (destinations can be configured on the location groups tab). A new row will appear at the top of the table and the "All location" row will change to "All other locations".
- Enter values for min and max transit time for the new location group.
- To remove a row, click on the Remove link at the end of each row.
- Transit time is a mandatory setting for all shipping services. Advanced transit time configuration is available for Australia and the US. You'll need to set up location groups for advanced transit time configuration. Learn more about setting up location groups
Handling time refers to the time it takes you to make an order ready to ship. This includes the time to process the order, send it to the distribution center and the time it takes for your shipping provider company to pick up the shipment. Since handling time is often heavily dependent on the product you submit this with your product data (
max_handling_time, min_handling_time). Learn more about the handling time attribute