This article explains the benefits of promotions and how they work.
Promotions allow you to distribute online offers with Shopping ads on Google.com. When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a “special offer” link (e.g. 15% off, free shipping, etc.). This link can increase the appeal of your Shopping ads and encourage shoppers to buy.
Note: Cost per click (CPC) rates still apply.
- Boost clickthrough rate: Use promotions to highlight your Shopping ads
- Increase conversions: Give shoppers a reason to buy now
- Capture multi-screen traffic: Google shows “special offer” links on desktop and mobile devices
How it works
Promotions are available if you have an active product feed in the Google Merchant Center. Once you successfully activate promotions, you can create a variety of different types. Once a promotion is created, Google reviews it.
Google accepts the following types of promotions:
- Discounts: Percent off, cash back, buy one get one free, or buy one get 2nd percent off
- Free gifts: Free item or free gift card for a specified value
- Shipping: Free or discounted shipping
Note: All approved promotions display with your Shopping ads on Google.com and Google Shopping. Promotions do not affect rankings on Google.