This article explains the benefits of promotions and how they work.
Promotions allow you to distribute online offers with Shopping ads as well as free product listings appearing on the Shopping tab in the US (may also appear outside of the US as well). When you add promotions to products that you sell on Google, shoppers see a “special offer” link (for example: 15% off, free shipping, etc.). This link can increase the appeal of the products you show and encourage shoppers to buy.
To see subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the video player, select "Subtitles," and then specify your language.
Note: Cost per click (CPC) rates are not affected by promotions.
- Boost clickthrough rate: Use promotions to highlight the products you show on Google
- Increase conversions: Give shoppers a reason to buy now
- Capture multi-screen traffic: Google shows “special offer” links on desktop and mobile devices
How it works
Promotions are available if you have an active product feed in the Google Merchant Center. Once you successfully activate promotions, you can create a variety of different types. Once a promotion is created, Google reviews it.
Google accepts the following types of promotions:
- Discounts: Percent off, cash back, buy one get one free, or buy one get 2nd percent off
- Free gifts: Free item or free gift card for a specified value
- Shipping: Free or discounted shipping
Note: Promotions do not affect rankings on Google.