How to fix: Reused value [id]
An item that you submitted was submitted with the same unique
id as a previous item in the same language for the same country. Each new item that you submit needs a unique ID. We recommend that you use the item’s SKU, and re-use that same value each time you submit the item.
If your unique IDs can be extracted automatically from your data, you can set up a feed rule to change the
id attribute values in either primary or secondary feeds.The ID rule allows you to bulk update your feed to make sure that each of your products has a unique value for the
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected items for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected items for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Submit unique IDs for each item
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with:
“Issue title” = Reused value [id]
- Check your product data for those products, and make sure that each item has a unique ID that you’ve never used before.
- If you submitted a large number of items with incorrect IDs by mistake, resubmit all of them with the IDs that they had before.
Step 3: resubmit_your_product_data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.