additional_image_link [additional_image_link]: Definition
additional_image_link [additional_image_link] attribute to provide more images for your product beyond the main image that you provide in the
image_link [image_link] attribute. Additional images can appear to potential customers in ads for your product and are commonly used to show a product from different angles or with product staging elements.
When to use
Optional for each product
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure that we understand the data that you're submitting.
|Supported file formats||
GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg/.jpeg), PNG (.png), BMP (.bmp) and TIFF (.tif/.tiff)
The file extensions for these images should correspond to their format.
|Repeated field (What is this?)||Include up to 10 additional images|
|File format||Example value|
To submit 1 image, submit the (encoded) URL:
To submit more than 1 image (up to 10), separate each URL with a comma (
Make sure that you encode any commas (as %2C) within the URL, but don't encode the comma that you use to separate each image URL:
For format API information, please see Content API for Shopping.
Follow these guidelines to make sure that you submit high-quality data for your products.
These are the requirements that you'll need to meet to show ads for your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know on the Diagnostics page of your Merchant Center account.
- Meet the requirements for the
image_link [image_link]attribute with a few exceptions. The additional image can:
- Include product staging or show the product in use.
- Highlight parts of the product without showing the entire product.
- Include graphics or illustrations.
- Show parts of a bundle instead of showing all products in the bundle. When you submit a custom bundle of products, use the
- Display the entire multipack. When you submit a custom multipack of products, use the
These are best practices that can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimise your product data for performance.
- Follow the best practices for the
- Submit images that meet the size requirements. If you include images that are under the minimum size requirements (explained in
image_link [image_link]), your product won't be disapproved, but your images won't be shown.
- Use additional images to show the product from different angles or the product being used. For example, if the main image shows product packaging, including images of the box contents in the additional images can help users better understand what they are buying.
||http://example.com/image1.jpg (only the sofa on a white background)|
||http://example.com/image2.jpg (the sofa with two pillows and a living room setting)|
||http://example.com/ring1.jpg (only the ring on a white background)|
||http://example.com/ring2.jpg (only the ring on a white background from a different angle)|
||http://example.com/ring3.jpg (the ring on a model wearing a matching outfit)|
||http://example.com/ring4.jpg (the ring inside its gift box packaging)|
||http://example.com/image1.jpg (only the pie tin on a white background)|
||http://example.com/image2.jpg (the end product – a slice of pie on a plate)|
||http://example.com/image3.jpg (the baker holding the finished pie in the tin)|
||http://example.com/image4.jpg (the pie tin in close-up showing the finished pie)|
|Product||Camera body with a bag and lens|
||http://example.com/camerabundle1.jpg (all products in the bundle on a white background)|
||http://example.com/camerabundle2.jpg (only the camera body on a white background)|
|Product||Bar Soap 3-pack|
|image_link [image_link]||http://example.com/soap1.jpg (only one bar of soap on a white background)|
|additional_image_link [additional_image_link]||http://example.com/soap2.jpg (three bars of soap on a white background)|