One of the GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) values in your product data is invalid because it has a prefix that’s restricted for special purposes and internal systems. These codes start with “2”, “02”, or “04” and should not be submitted as values for the
To fix this error, use a GTIN that's not in the restricted range.
For more information about the validation of GTINs, refer to the GTIN Validation Guide edited by GS1.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View examples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Correct the product identifiers to match those provided by the manufacturer
- Filter the downloaded report so that you only see products with: “Issue title” = Unsupported value (restricted) [gtin]
- Check your submitted product data for those products (using the ID), and make sure each product is using an accurate value for the
gtinattribute which is not restricted.
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.