You’ve submitted one or more images that are too large. Product images need to follow strict guidelines so that they can be automatically resized and presented to people who search for your products. If the image for a product does not follow the guidelines, that product will be disapproved until the issue is resolved.
Images need to meet the following size requirements:
- For apparel products, images must be at least 250 x 250 pixels and cannot be larger than 64 megapixels.
- For all other products, images must be at least 100 x 100 pixels and cannot be larger than 64 megapixels.
- Images can't be larger than 16MB in file size.
- Do not scale up images or submit thumbnails. The product should take up no less than 75%, but not more than 90%, of the full image.
Keep in mind that if you change the image, but keep the same URL, it may take up to 6 weeks to detect and then crawl the new image. Google therefore recommends that you change the image filename and URL when you change the image. This ensures that the images will be checked as soon as possible, usually within 72 hours.
Step 1: See the affected products
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Select Products on the navigation menu, then click Diagnostics.
- Click the Item issues tab to see current issues affecting your products.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for all issues:
- Click the download button next to the filter button , beneath the graph and above the list of issues.
To download a list (.csv) of all affected products for a particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click the download button at the end of the row.
To see a list of up to 50 products with this particular issue:
- Find the issue under the “Issue” column, then click View samples in the “Affected items” column.
Step 2: Provide images that conform to the image requirements
Step 3: Resubmit your product data
- After you’ve updated your product data, resubmit it using one of these methods:
- Next, check that you’ve fixed the issue by making sure it’s no longer listed on the Diagnostics page.
Keep in mind: It may take some time for your change to be reflected on the Diagnostics page.