Google restricts the promotion of copyrighted content. If you would like to promote copyrighted content and believe you are legally authorized to do so, you can contact us. To learn more about how we handle copyright-related issues or to submit a copyright-related complaint, use this form.
Examples of what's not allowed
Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted content
Unauthorized software that captures, copies, provides, or sells access to copyrighted content
- Examples: Software that enables unauthorized selling, streaming, sharing, copying, or downloading of audio guides, e-books, anime, games, movies, mp3 ringtones, music, software, tv shows, works by independent artists, record labels, or other content creators
Facilitating unauthorized offline distribution of copyrighted content
- Examples: Unauthorized physical copies of copyrighted CDs, DVDs, or software
Software, sites, or tools that remove digital rights management (DRM) technology from copyrighted material or otherwise circumvent copyright (irrespective of whether intended use is legitimate or not)
- Examples: Products such as Blu-ray or DVD rippers/burners/converters, that provide access to copyrighted content by stripping or bypassing DRM technology on audio, video, e-books, or software
What you can do
Here's more detail about each violation and what you can do if your item is disapproved or your Merchant Center account is warned or suspended:Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted content
Items that don't comply with this policy may be disapproved. When an item is disapproved, it won't be eligible to serve on Shopping ads. If the item doesn't comply with Shopping ads policies, it should be removed from your product data.
In some instances, you’ll see the option to request a review of an item that has been disapproved for policy violations. If you believe that your item was incorrectly disapproved and would like to request a manual review, click "Why is this item disapproved" from the individual item page in the Products tab to initiate a review. Learn more about item disapprovals for policy violations and requesting a review
For most violations, we'll send you a warning email detailing the policy violation and give you 7 calendar days to update your product data.
- Read the policy above to learn about the types of copyrighted content and related products and services that we don't allow.
Send us your copyright documentation. If you believe that you're legally authorized to promote copyrighted content, fill out our application to be certified. We'll review it and let you know if we can run your ads.
If you aren't legally authorized to promote the copyrighted content in your product data, please remove any mention of the copyrighted products or services.
- Remove the violating items from your product data. You’ll receive an email with details about the violation, including examples from your product data. If you have additional items in your data that violate the same policy but aren't included in the email, you'll need to remove those too.
- Update your product data in Merchant Center.
- If you created a schedule for automatic uploads, update your product data manually or wait for your product data to be automatically updated before requesting a review.
- Product data that you’ve uploaded as a test won’t go live and isn’t considered during account reviews.
- Request a review of your account.
- If your account is still within the warning period, it will automatically be reviewed again at the end of the warning period. Once the violating items are removed, you don't need to request an account review or take any additional action.
- If your account is suspended, you’ll need to request an account review.
Most accounts are reviewed within 3 business days, but some can take longer if they need a more complex review. If we find that you've removed the violating items from your product data, we’ll remove the warning, or, in the case of account suspension, we'll approve your account to start running.
To ensure a safe and positive experience for users, Google requires that advertisers comply with all applicable laws and regulations in addition to Shopping ads policies. It is important that you familiarize yourself with and keep up to date on these requirements for the place where your business operates, as well as any other places Shopping ads are shown. When we find content that violates these requirements, we may block it from appearing, and in cases of repeated or egregious violations, we may ban you from promoting Shopping ads content with us.